When any person mentions strawberries, what’s the primary position that involves thoughts? In case you’re anything else like me, then it’s most definitely Baguio Town. Or Los angeles Trinidad. Or Benguet as an entire. Simply the sight and smell of those luscious culmination appear to teleport my thoughts to the north. However that is probably not the case for southies like me.
On our fresh Tagaytay-Batangas highway shuttle, as we had been scouring the world for culmination, we realized a few vivid crimson corner hid within the again roads of Alfonso, Cavite. And this position is not only a strawberry retailer. It’s additionally a farm. And a bed-and-breakfast. And an occasions venue. And a cafe. As success would have it, we had been beautiful famished, too! And that’s how we ended up in a slightly out-of-the-way fruity eating spot known as Queens Strawberry Farm.
Fascinated by what else to look and do at Queens Strawberry Farm? Listed here are probably the most issues to understand sooner than you move.
Oh, by way of the best way, we even have a video model of this publish. In case you’d slightly watch than learn, then simply play:
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
Queens Strawberry Farm is a farm-to-table agri-tourism advanced composed of a farm, eating place, and B&B. Guests get not to simplest pattern their merchandise but additionally be reoriented about farming thru other actions like strawberry choosing (if in season) and rod fishing.
Maximum guests come right here to dine at its eating place — Queens Eating place — which takes delight in infusing strawberries in most of the pieces on its menu – from its salads (with strawberry French dressing) to truffles (strawberry cheesecake and buko strawberry pie) to beverages (strawberry milkshake). Nevertheless it’s no longer a easy cafe or milkshake bar. It’s a right kind eating place with a wealthy menu that spans all-day breakfasts to heavy proteins like its signature six-hour smoked red meat stomach and bulalo.
- American breakfast set – P360
smoked lechon stomach bacon, 3 pancakes and a couple of eggs
- Queens salad – P360
Romaine, arugula, lollo rosso, turnips, carrots, cucumber, strawberry, parmesan, and bacon in strawberry French dressing
- Queens smoked red meat stomach platter – P990
6-hour smoked red meat stomach with smoked Hungarian sausage and sauteed greens
(Just right for 4-5)
- Crunchy red meat sisig – P330
Grilled red meat cheeks and stomach with chicharon, caramelized onions and sisig sauce
(Just right for 2-3)
- Strawberry cheesecake – P200 / slice
Cream cheese, whipped cream and recent strawberries on graham crust
All-Day Silog Units
- Daing na Bangus, P220
- Longganisa, P220
- Pork Tapa, P270
- Smoked Lechon Stomach 1st Baron Verulam, P270
Every is for sharing.
- Queens Smoked Beef Stomach Platter, P990
- Entire Roast Hen & Greens, P610
- Kare-Kare, P480
- Crunchy Beef Sisig, P330
- Bulalo, P550
- Sinigang na Hipon, P475
- Thai Crispy Fish with Tamarind Sauce, P360
- Strawberry cheesecake (slice), P200
- Barako espresso jelly (cup), P120
- Strawberry chocolate mousse (cup), P190
See the entire menu underneath!
- 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
NOTE: The outlet agenda may alternate so it’s highest to test the authentic Fb Web page or touch the control for the most recent replace relating to opening hours sooner than going.
As same old, weekdays. If you’ll be able to’t assist visiting on a weekend or vacation, simply move there early to keep away from the group and the heavy site visitors that normally begins at round 10:00 AM.
We went on a Sunday all over lunchtime so we needed to wait in line for a couple of mins sooner than we had been assigned a desk. In addition they did a just right task hanging visitors strategically so social distancing may just nonetheless be noticed.
For many who plan to move strawberry choosing and rod fishing, discuss with within the morning or past due afternoon to keep away from the sizzling warmth of the solar. However reserve a slot upfront.
Queens Strawberry Farm is situated in Sitio Hawilian 2, Barangay Upli, Alfonso, Cavite. It’s regularly advertised as “close to Tagaytay” as a result of it’s, not up to quarter-hour from key Tagaytay landmarks like Sky Ranch or Mendez Crossing or not up to 20 mins from Olivarez.
In case you’re coming from Manila, right here’s find out how to get there:
- Through Public Transportation. From Parañaque Built-in Terminal Change (PITX), board a bus sure for Tagaytay or Nasugbu. Alight at Shell Station throughout Splendido Taal. There’s a tricycle terminal at the aspect of the street (Alilio Power). Journey a tricycle and inform the motive force that you will Queens Strawberry Farm.
- Through Non-public Automobile. Take SLEX or CAVITEX and keep at the primary highway till you achieve Tagaytay-Nasugbu Freeway. You wish to have to show proper to the street (pictured underneath) simply sooner than you achieve Splendido Taal or Shell (adjoining to the street resulting in Barangay Upli). Power immediately forward till you achieve Queens Strawberry Farm. Higher but, simply use Google Maps or Waze app for the precise instructions and to look the present site visitors scenario.
Sure. Alternatively, slots can simply be stuffed in all over weekends and vacations.
Anyway, the street the place you’ll be able to get entry to Queens Strawberry Farm isn’t a hectic highway, so in case the designated parking space is complete, you’ll be able to park at the aspect of the street or anywhere the group of workers will lead you.
Beneath is Queens Strawberry Farm new customary machine:
- Input the advanced. While you’ve discovered a parking slot, input the farm advanced. The eating place is a brief stroll from the doorway however you’ll discover a bakeshop first. Make a prevent there first.
- Accomplish touch tracing shape. Upon front, there’s a safety guard in your proper, the place the bakeshop is situated. There’s a QR code scanner if you want to do it on-line OR take one shape from the field if you wish to do it manually. Use your individual pen. If you’re a gaggle, one consultant will do. Display the affirmation message to the protection team of workers.
- Frame temperature scanning. You are going to be requested to scan your frame temperature. If customary (underneath 37.5ºC), you’ll be allowed front.
- Stroll to the eating place. It’s on the finish of the trail. The principle front is fronted by way of a koi pond.
- Get indexed. Method the reception and inform them what number of you’re at the crew. If there’s an to be had desk, they’ll lead you to it. Another way, you’ll be pointed to the ready nook.
Experience your meal!
For the eating place, reservations aren’t wanted. Stroll-in visitors are welcome. They do settle for reservations, although, if you are feeling like it’ll be packed all over your discuss with.
If you wish to keep in a single day on the farm and avail in their bed-and-breakfast carrier, you want to guide upfront to safe one of the crucial two rooms.
If you wish to move rod fishing, you want to guide your fishing timeslot at the authentic web page. You additionally want reservations for occasions and seminars.
Alternatively, in case you are simplest making plans to discuss with the farm on an afternoon excursion, dine on the Queens Eating place, or purchase one thing from the bakeshop, chances are you’ll simply move forward and discuss with even with out advance reservation.
Totally vaccinated senior voters are welcome in addition to youngsters, all over our discuss with. Pets also are allowed within the al fresco eating space.
The farm’s open area is absolute best for out of doors actions that cater to everybody — households, buddies, and companions.
REMINDER: Protocols regularly alternate, so make sure you touch the control first if they’re (nonetheless or already) accepting visitors underneath 18 years outdated and above 65 years outdated.
We simplest got here right here for lunch and didn’t take a look at the opposite actions. And we would have liked to have a style of a lot of what they’d to provide so our workforce ordered all of the bestsellers (highlighted crimson at the menu).
Queens salad (P360) used to be the primary to achieve our desk. Served on a flat white plate, the mattress of vegetables — composed principally of Romaine lettuce, lollo rosso and arugula, crowned with jicama, carrots, bacon and strawberries, dressed with parmesan cheese and strawberry French dressing, one among their signature merchandise. Whilst the French dressing used to be polarizing amongst our crew, all of us agreed that the components had been all recent, crunchy, and engaging. Lets inform that the vegetables had been homegrown! Even I and some other significant other who most often don’t choose salads beloved the dish. It used to be a actually promising get started!
It took 40 mins for the following dish to reach — crispy red meat sisig (P330) — product of grilled red meat combined with onions and crowned with crimson and inexperienced chili and chicharon, served on a scorching plate. Style-wise, it has all of the flavors of the standard sisig. However texture-wise, it’s a wee bit other as a result of the minimize of the beef. This makes use of red meat cheeks and stomach (with out pig’s ears), extra finely damaged down — nearer to floor than chopped (or possibly chopped a lot more finely, no longer positive). So it felt other within the mouth texturally, however nonetheless tasted with regards to conventional.
Subsequent used to be the American breakfast set (P360), which consists of a stack of 3 pancakes, smoked lechon stomach bacon, and two eggs. The pancakes had been ethereal and fluffy however they should had been sitting at the plate for moderately some time sooner than it used to be served as it had already absorbed the syrup that got here with it. However the recent strawberries on best equipped the tanginess that complimented the wonder actually properly. One take a look at the bacon, however, and we knew it wasn’t the standard sort lets get from the grocery store. The strips had an ideal ratio of meat and fats, and so they had been well-seasoned and crispy. However smokey it used to be NOT. It used to be nearly devoid of any smokiness, which used to be too dangerous as it’s one thing that I beloved probably the most about bacon.
The most important dish, after all, used to be the Queens red meat stomach platter (P990), which used to be smoked for six hours sooner than decorating with smoked Hungarian sausage and sauteed veggies. This used to be the costliest merchandise at the menu and used to be extremely advisable by way of the group of workers, so the expectancies had been top. And it delivered, in my view. The beef used to be so delicate, each chew used to be an explosion of porkiness, even for the laziest of chewers.
The strawberry cheesecake (P200/slice) has your conventional cafe chain cheesecake base (neither ethereal nor dense), stored by way of the scrumptious sour-sweet-combo in their selfmade strawberry jam. It sits on a Graham crust and served with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
Now let’s speak about their milkshakes! We ordered two flavors. The strawberry milkshake (P190) used to be the correct mix of milky and fruity, and it makes use of recent strawberries, no less than for probably the most phase. If there used to be any unnatural flavoring there, it used to be most commonly ruled by way of the recent strawberries. However the mango milkshake (P190) did style awfully synthetic. We didn’t hit upon any recent mangoes there in any respect.
OK, sooner than we transfer on, let me deal with the 40-minute hole between the primary two dishes. We had been stunned as a result of lets see that they flipped tables speedy. The entire different tables subsequent to us had been served temporarily so we knew that carrier right here used to be environment friendly. The wait group of workers had been additionally very pleasant and approachable. However after all, very good carrier, regardless of how very good, isn’t absolute best. Every so often one thing slips and it in order that took place that it used to be us who needed to enjoy it. Possibly our order were given misplaced within the kitchen as it used to be a hectic time however sure, it did take 40 mins for the second one dish to reach, even after a couple of followups.
But if the group of workers learned we were ready that lengthy, they had been actually apologetic and attempted to make it up for it by way of keeping track of our order this time and giving us one thing to munch on as we waited. So, it wasn’t that massive of a subject matter. Such things as this occur, and for us, it’s actually the way you take care of the location and so they answered to it actually properly.
But even so, as a result of there have been different issues to do right here, I didn’t actually thoughts the lengthy wait. I simply used the time to take snaps at a few of their photograph spots and I were given to discover the farm.
The query is: WILL WE RETURN?
And the solution to this is, sure.
General, the meals used to be a hit-or-miss for us. Apparently, it used to be the savory mains that we beloved greater than the strawberry-flavored dessert and drink. However no less than, subsequent time, we all know what to reserve. And regardless of that one hiccup, the carrier used to be nonetheless just right since the group of workers contributors had been all well mannered. The atmosphere used to be moderately just right too, suitable for households and barkada journeys.
- Put on a face masks always except for when consuming.
- All the time apply social distancing.
- Costs are inclusive of VAT. A ten% carrier rate shall be added in your invoice.
- The rod fishing price is inclusive of the apron, fishing hook, bait, and information.
- You should at all times put on an apron when fishing.
- Youngsters underneath 10 years outdated aren’t allowed to fish except accompanied by way of an grownup.
- Carry coverage from the solar like hats, sunglasses/sun shades, and sunscreen, particularly in case you are visiting at midday and when the solar is simply too intense.
- Be thoughtful. In case you occur to discuss with all over top hours and you’re already had your fill, don’t linger too lengthy to provide means for the opposite diners.
- Pregnant girls and the ones with well being dangers/comorbidities aren’t allowed to go into the premises.
- Touch the control first sooner than going for the most recent opening hours and front restrictions.
- Stroll-ins are allowed, however reservations are wanted for mattress and breakfast carrier, rod fishing job, and occasions.
For inquiries and occasions reservations/reserving, chances are you’ll touch the control thru any of the next:
- E mail Cope with: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cellular Quantity: 0948 841 7161
- Respectable Site: www.queenstrawberryfarm.com
- Fb Web page: Queens Strawberry Farm (@queenstrawberryfarm)
- Instagram: Queens Strawberry Farm (@queenstrawberryfarm)
- PNP: 117
- Alfonso PNP: (046) 522-0800 / 0906 536 6135 / 0998 967 3364
- Alfonso Hearth Station: (046) 522-0480 / 0915 602 2113 / 0929 663 2424
- Alfonso Clinic: 415-0190 / 0917 306 2419
- DOH COVID-19 Hotline: (02) 894-26843 or (02) 894-COVID / 1555 (For PLDT, Good, Solar, and TNT Subscribers)